For whom it is
MBSR is for people who
- feel stressed by their jobs or private situation or who feel burned out
- are living with an acute or chronic disease
- are suffering from chronic pain
- have psychosomatic symptoms (problems with sleep, digestion...)
- experience feelings of anxiety or depression
- want to learn how to work with this situation
- want to foster their sense of health and wellbeing
- are seeking a complementary treatment to medical or psychotherapeutic treatment
- want to live with more awareness
- want to learn ways of self-exploration and self-care
The central element of MBSR are mindfulness practices that are introduced and discussed in class and practiced at home between class sessions. The practices include various forms of meditation and mindful movements and can be practiced irrespective of age or bodily limitation:
- Mindful awareness of body: Body Scan
- Mindul movement: Mindful Yoga
- Mindfulness meditation in sitting and in walking
Participants receive course materials and CDs for their homepractice during the eight weeks. The homepractice takes between 30 and 60 minutes every day and is an essential part of the training.
Sequence of an MBSR-class
- Personal interview with the teacher before the program. This interview will help you clarify your intentions in taking this class and the suitability to your needs. It is free of charge.
- Eight weekly sessions of 2.5 to 3 hours
- One all-day-session of 7 hours
- Personal interview with the teacher after the program
Costs: CHF 850.00 This includes personal interview before and after the program, course materials and CDs.
Some insurances refund parts of the costs for those who have a supplementary insurance.
Next course will start October 18, 2019 till December 06, 2019.
Please register here